Monday, January 16, 2012

Because it's not all About Boobs

When I was a little girl, I always dreamed of being an actress and spent way too many hours in front of my mirror, thanking everyone who helped me to my Oscar. I always was sure to thank Calvin Klein for making my beautiful dress- it was the 90's and I had a major girl crush on Gwyneth Paltrow - my dress, of course, would have to be Calvin.


Although I didn't grow up to be an actress, one of my favorite things to do is watch award shows and then scour the gossip sites for any juicy tidbits the cameras didn't catch. So, of course I watched the Golden Globes last night and gave the stink eye to anyone that wasn't Emma Stone.


Some of my faves:


Emma is always, always my fave. We have the same birthday and are obviously meant to be BFFs. 

Love her, love the color. 

Evan, I too suffer from blondeorexia. At least you are killing it in your dress.

Other than the stink eye of Emily Thorne, Madeleine Stowe is the BEST part of Revenge. 

There is a lot going on in the beading, but she looks fab. 

Love. 

Not crazy about the belt, but I love the color and sleeves. 

Ok, I do realize this is essentially a tie-died wedding dress, but that color is amazing on her. The top is also fab. 

Side note, there were tons of blush/nude colored dresses on the RC last night. I love a blush colored dress (future bridesmaids take note), but a lot of the dresses looked like granny's old nude bra. Something about the tone- perhaps they were better in person. I guess I should have gotten an invite so I could tell you for sure, but now we'll never know. Ha. 

Better luck next time:

I love Reese, but not like this. 

I don't know which is worse- the dress or her roots. 

I suppose if JT leaves her at the alter, she already has her Miss Havisham look picked out. Her hair and makeup are awesome.

To all my girls out there, please do not let me pick something like this for my wedding dress. I have also been digging tiers lately and now am very concerned that I too will look like whatever this is.

What is with the seam? 

Anyway, lets not end on a sad, gray note with a weird seam. 

I have struggled in vain to deny my love for  Mr. Darcy Colin, for some time. He is perfection. 


No comments:

Post a Comment